Host Bill Loveless talks to Riccardo Puliti, the Head of the Energy and Extractives Global Practice at the World Bank Group who oversees $52 billion in loans. They discussed:
- the World Bank's energy portfolio, financing targets, and its role in the fight against global poverty
- the need for private sector partnerships to finance World Bank projects
- the variety of instruments used to energy access and climate change issues
- regional differences and needs, with respect to energy
- and the role of a carbon price in aligning incentives.