The Center on Global Energy Policy is proud to support Columbia University's 13th Annual Student Energy Symposium. The Symposium is the largest student-run energy event in New York City, jointly organized by the School of International and Public Affairs' Student Energy Association, CBS Energy Club, CBS Green Business Club, the Columbia Law School's Environmental Law Society, and the Columbia Engineering Energy Club.
Columbia University's 13th Annual Student Energy Symposium on February 1-2, 2018 will convene thought-leaders and practitioners from across the energy sector, representing industry, government, civil society, and the broader Columbia and New York community to explore key challenges and drivers impacting the energy system.
Thursday, February 1st
Top energy students from across the country will work to solve an integrated energy challenge and win prize money.
This unique forum will match recruiters from leading energy-sector companies with emerging talent from top business, engineering, law and policy schools.
Friday, February 2nd
All-day conference includes panel discussions featuring leading energy-sector experts, along with keynote remarks by notable speakers. Panel topics include:
- Grid Digitalization: Application of A.l., Blockchain, and Cyber Security in the Power Market
- The Future of Electric Transportation
- Geopolitics of Energy: New Resource Tension
- Clean Energy Finance
- Corporations' Role in Clean Energy Advancement
- Peak Oil Demand: Transitioning to a Low Carbon World
Conference speakers include:
- Jingdong Hua, Vice President & Treasurer, International Finance Corporation
- Richard Kauffmman, Chairman of Energy and Finance, New York State
- Bob Perciasepe, President, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES); Former Deputy Administrator, EPA
- Diane Regas, Executive Director, Environmental Defense Fund
- Miranda Ballentine, Managing Director, Business Renewables Center, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Jacob Susman, VP - Head of Origination, EDF Renewable Energy
- Jeff Schub, Executive Director, Coalition for Green Capital
- and many others!
This event is open to press. All media must register directly with the Symposium team by contacting email@example.com.
Questions?: Please contact the Symposium team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: the Center on Global Energy Policy is a proud supporter of this event but not the organizer or host.