In the decades ahead, far-reaching changes in our energy systems will be needed to meet the challenge of climate change. Several recent analyses explore strategies for doing that, exploring topics including the grid integration of renewables and transformation of vehicle fleets. To kick-off Earth Week, the Center on Global Energy Policy and The Sabin Center for Climate Change Law hosted a discussion with leading experts who presented and compared strategies for deep decarbonization in the United States by 2050.
The panel included the following distinguished experts:
- Jeff Sachs, Director, Center for Sustainable Development, The Earth Institute
- Karl Hausker, Senior Fellow, World Resources Institute
- Geoff Heal, Donald C. Waite III Professor of Social Enterprise at Columbia Business School
- Judi Greenwald, Principal, Greenwald Consulting
- Michael Gerrard, Director, The Sabin Center for Climate Change Law