Columbia University 12th Annual Student Energy Symposium
New York, NY
The Center on Global Energy Policy is proud to support Columbia University's 12th Annual Student Energy Symposium. The Symposium is the largest student-run energy event in New York City, jointly organized by the School of International and Public Affairs' Student Energy Association, the Columbia Graduate School of Business' Energy Club, the Columbia Law School's Environmental Law Society, and the Columbia Engineering Energy Club.
Columbia University's 12th Annual Student Energy Symposium on February 2-3, 2017 will convene thought-leaders and practitioners from across the energy sector, representing industry, government, civil society, and the broader Columbia and New York community to explore key challenges and drivers impacting the energy system.
Thursday, February 2nd
Top energy students from across the country will work to solve an integrated energy challenge and win prize money.
This unique forum will match recruiters from leading energy-sector companies with emerging talent from top business, engineering, law and policy schools.
Friday, February 3rd
12th Annual Energy Conference
All-day conference includes panel discussions featuring leading energy-sector experts, along with keynote remarks by notable speakers.
Panel topics include:
- Sustainability Drivers
- The US Electric Grid
- Post-Election US Energy Policy
- Market and Financing Opportunities for Energy Storage
- Driving Clean Energy Investment in Emerging Markets
- Shifting Geopolitics of Petroleum
- The Energy Gang Live: A Candid Take on the Energy Transition
Conference speakers include:
- Libby Bernick, SVP, Trucost
- Jason Bordoff, Founding Director, Center on Global Energy Policy
- Erica Bowman, Chief Economist, American Petroleum Institute
- David Crane, Senior Operating Executive, Pegasus Capital Advisors; Former President and CEO, NRG Energy
- William Demás, SVP, Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc.
- Michael Eckhart, Managing Director and Global Head of Environmental Finance, Citigroup
- Alfred Griffin, President, New York Green Bank
- Cheryl Martin, Head of the Centre for Global Industries at the World Economic Forum; Former Acting Director at ARPA-E
- Mary Powell, President and CEO, Green Mountain Power Company
- Jim Rogers, Former CEO, Duke Energy
- David Sandalow, Inaugural Fellow, Center on Global Energy Policy
- and many others!
This event is open to press. All media must register directly with the Symposium team by contacting cuenergysymposium@g
Questions?: Please contact the Symposium team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the Center on Global Energy Policy is a proud supporter of this event but not the organizer or host.