The Center on Global Energy Policy hosted a presentation and discussion on the future of the Renewable Fuel Standard.
Dr. James Stock, a non-resident Fellow at the Center, former member of the President's Council of Economic Advisers and the Harold Hitchings Burbank Professor of Political Economy at the Harvard Kennedy School, presented the findings of his new report, "The Renewable Fuel Standard: A Path Forward." You can download and read the report here (PDF).
After the presentation, two panel discussions were moderated by Center Founding Director Jason Bordoff. The first featured analysis and commentary from:
- Dr. Bruce Babcock, Cargill Chair of Energy Economics, Director, Biobased Industry Center, and Professor of Economics, Iowa State University;
- Dr. Scott Irwin, Laurence J. Norton Chair of Agricultural Marketing, University of Illinois;
- Robert McNally, President, Rapidan Group, and non-resident Fellow at the Center on Global Energy Policy;
- Ron Minsk, Former Special Assistant to the President for Energy and Environment at the White House National Economic Council, and;
- Dr. James Stock
The second panel featured:
- Tom Buis, Chief Executive Officer, Growth Energy;
- Michael McAdams, President, Advanced Biofuels Association;
- John Reese, Downstream Policy & Advocacy Manager, Shell, and;
- Brendan Williams, Executive Vice President, American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturerswnload the rull report
Download the rull report: The Renewable Fuel Standard: A Path Forward (PDF)