The Rutgers Energy Institute and Columbia University's Center on Global Energy Policy are excited to announce the first Women in Energy event being held at Rutgers University. We held a panel conversation focused on female leadership in the energy sector. Panelists shared their experiences, career paths, and offered advice for students seeking to enter the energy/environment field. This was a public event open to all and was followed by a small reception.
Our panel of experts included:
- Serpil Guran, Director, Rutgers EcoComplex “Clean Energy Innovation Center”
- Jeanne Fox, Adjunct Professor, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University; former Commissioner, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities; former Regional Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 2; former Commissioner, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and Energy
- Alissa Park, Lenfest Chair in Applied Climate Science and Director of The Lenfest Center for Sustainable Energy at Columbia University at Columbia University's Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Ellen Morris, Adjunct Professor, Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs and President and Founder of Sustainable Energy Solutions
- Rachael Shwom, Associate Professor, Department of Human Ecology at Rutgers University; Associate Director of Rutgers Energy Institute (moderator)
About the Women in Energy Program:
The WIE program is aimed at increasing the presence of women in the energy sector, and over the mid to long term, the presence of women in senior and management roles across the energy space through a (1) variety of public outreach, networking and community building activities, (2) leadership training and mentorship, and (3) facilitating opportunities for paid internships and full-time career opportunities.The program seeks to empower students to take on leadership roles in the energy sector and realize their full potential, while building a thriving community of professional women.
For more information contact: email@example.com