Women in Energy Program
Vision: To build the leading global platform that increases the presence and leadership of women in energy and related sectors
Approach: To help recruit, develop and retain women working in the energy space, the Women in Energy (WIE) program partners with senior energy leaders, Universities, energy employers and other related organizations to:
- Build a "Women in Energy" community to support networking and other opportunities for students to connect with women professionals and leaders in the field
- Provide leadership skills training, workshops and mentoring
- Facilitate opportunities for internships, full-time roles and related practical experience in the energy space
- Provide funding to exceptional students to support academic research and summer internships
Given CGEP’s mission of training the next generation of leaders, its affiliation with a top-tier global educational institution, Columbia University, and its location in New York City, it is uniquely positioned to have substantive impact upon women students working in—or interested in pursuing careers in—energy-related fields.
The Center's Women in Energy Program works closely and is affiliated with "Women in Energy" sub-groups across Columbia schools and departments, including:
- SIPA Energy Association (SEA) and its Women in Energy group. For more information, please contact Michelle Hua and Yemi Melka at: email@example.com
- Women & Sustainability. For more information, please contact Ana Relic or Beatrice Troiano at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Columbia Business School Energy Club and its Women in Energy group.
- Columbia Energy Engineering Club
CGEP partners with organizations and companies that are dedicated to enhancing the breadth and depth of opportunities available for women in energy and energy-related fields. CGEP's corporate and organizational partners help support the Women in Energy program through both financial and in-kind support.
Please note all events listed below are open to current female students only.
For more information about CGEP's Women in Energy program or to become a partner, please contact email@example.com