The Center on Global Energy Policy (CGEP) at Columbia SIPA is seeking a Podcast Program Assistant to help support our hosts and the greater team to program and release weekly episodes of the Columbia Energy Exchange, the Center’s podcast. The Program Assistant will support activities including but not limited to: background research and briefing memos, operational support, high-level analysis and summarization of energy, economic, geopolitical and environmental reports and news.
- Conduct background research and prep podcast hosts on energy issues that shape individual podcast episodes.
- Draft background notes on above research topics including but not limited to: energy markets and policy, oil & gas, renewable energy, geopolitics, sanctions, climate change, environmental policy, etc.
- Work collaboratively with CGEP staff and Scholars to prep podcast hosts. This includes the identification of key topics and questions for each podcast episode and relevant context.
- Create timely profiles of podcast guests.
- Support logistical and production activities including but not limited to: podcast transcriptions and written summaries of podcast episodes, lists of past guests and potential guests, breakdown of topics and guests along key demographics.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Highly motivated, engaged, and responsive to work-related requests.
- Willing to contribute where needed across a range of responsibilities.
- Have the ability to work independently while incorporating continuous feedback and guidance.
- Superior organizational skills and a high level of professional maturity.
- Relevant classroom or professional experience in energy policy, political science, economics, and/or international affairs.
- Experience and facility with energy policy and data from major sources (e.g., International Energy Agency, Energy Information Administration, JODI databases, as well as bank reports, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, etc.)
- Excellent written communications skills; Journalism background a plus. Inquisitive and creative.
Hourly rate: $13.50/ hour
Time commitment: 10-15 hrs / week
Application Deadline: January 30, 2018 or as soon as the position(s) are filled
Interested applicants please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
<< Return to Job Listing