The Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia SIPA is looking for a fall Social Media Assistant to help generate visibility and heighten awareness of the Center, its research, events and experts. Proven experience with professionally managing multiple social media channels [Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc] for organizations or companies is preferred. Familiarity with the energy-related topics covered by the Center is preferred.
Qualifications—we are seeking students who have experience:
- Managing / running social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and developing compelling and interactive campaigns.
- Growing a digital and social media audience.
- Using email newsletter platforms (e.g., Mailchimp).
- Promoting content generated through multiple mediums [print, audio, video, etc].
- Editing/updating website content and media (e.g., photos, video) through a basic content management system platform (e.g., Drupal)
Additionally, candidates should have:
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to work efficiently and effectively with a team in a very fast-paced environment.
- General marketing / outreach experience and HTML skills are helpful but not required.
- The ability to work well in a team while being self-motived.
- Familiarity with energy- and climate-related topics.
Time & Compensation
We prefer candidates who can work at least 20 hours/week but will consider those who cannot. Compensation starts at $12/hr and is commensurate with experience.
The deadline for the Summer 2017 term is April 15, 2017. However, the position may be filled on a rolling basis so early applications are encouraged. Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.