Please join the Center on Global Energy Policy on Thursday, June 25 from 11:00 a.m. to noon EDT for a student-only virtual open house. An introduction to the Center will be provided and you’ll have the opportunity to speak with our scholars about their backgrounds and their current work and research.
Joining the conversation will be:
- Jason Bordoff, CGEP Founding Director and former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Energy and Climate Change on the Staff of the National Security Council
- Dr. Rim Baltaduonis, CGEP Visiting Research Scholar and Associate Professor in the Economics Department at Gettysburg College
- Erin Blanton, CGEP Senior Research Scholar and former Managing Director at Medley Global Advisors
- Dr. Mauricio Cárdenas, CGEP Visiting Senior Research Scholar
- Jonathan Elkind, CGEP Senior Research Scholar and former Assistant Secretary for International Affairs at the U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Julio Friedmann, CGEP Senior Research Scholar and former Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Office of Fossil Energy at the U.S. Department of Energy
- David Hill, CGEP Adjunct Senior Research Scholar, former Executive Vice President & General Counsel of NRG Energy, Inc., and former General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Noah Kaufman, CGEP Research Scholar and former Deputy Associate Director of Energy & Climate Change at the White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Dr. Melissa Lott, CGEP Senior Research Scholar and former Assistant Vice President of the Asia Pacific Energy Research Centre (APERC)
- David Sandalow, CGEP Inaugural Fellow, co-Director of SIPA's Energy and Environment Concentration, and former Under Secretary of Energy (acting) at the U.S. Department of Energy
Following introductions, we will open the floor to student questions. Elora Ditton, Manager for the Energy and Environment Concentration, will lead our moderated conversation. Please note: This event is open only to incoming and currently-enrolled SIPA students.