The report looks at critical questions that have shaped the energy industry, including:
- Which countries & policies attracted the most energy investment in 2017 and what fuels and technologies are growing fastest?
- Is energy investment sufficient and targeted appropriately to realize the world’s energy transition objectives?
- How are oil and gas companies responding to higher oil prices?
- How is the business model for US shale evolving?
- Are business models and financing approaches supporting a shift in power generation investments towards renewables?
- What policy & market factors drive energy efficiency spending?
- How are the sources of energy finance evolving?
- What are governments and the energy sector spending on energy R&D?
- What are the main considerations facing investors in batteries and the electric vehicle value chain, carbon capture, utilization and storage, and hydrogen?