The Center on Global Energy Policy's Women in Energy program, the SIPA Energy Association, and the SIPA Consulting Club hosted an evening of frank and interactive discussion on the interplay of gender, energy, and sustainable development.
Following introductory remarks by David Sandalow, Inagural Fellow at the Center on Global Energy Policy, Rachel Kyte, CEO and Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Sustainable Energy for All, delivered the keynote speech. There was a panel conversation on this topic moderated by Cheryl Wilson, Energy Policy Analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence featuring:
- Richenda Van Leeuwen, Executive Director, UN Foundation, Energy and Climate, Energy Access Initiative
- Kathleen O'Dell, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting
- Dr. Ellen Morris, Professor at Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs; President and Founder of Sustainable Energy Solutions
- Dr. Minoru Takada, Representative and Director, Sustainable Energy for All initiative New York office, Executive Office of the Secretary-General
- Dr. Kate Steel, Energy Sector Team Lead, USAID Power Africa