Join the Center on Global Energy Policy's Women in Energy program for a student-only Leadership Development Workshop focused on networking.
When your networking efforts don’t yield the desired outcome, it’s hard to tell whether you are doing something wrong, or whether you just have to keep at it. That uncertainty is the main thing that makes most of us give up. Networking can be daunting. But there is a method. Over 10 years working with hundreds of high-achieving women, Claire Steichen has perfected the I to the 4th Power* approach. She breaks down the elements of good networking and job search, so you have a step by step process that gives you control over the outcome. Join us for this workshop so you can stop putting it off, and start meeting the people who will get you the leads you are looking for. Claire spent 20 years in corporate sales and marketing at some of the world’s leading multi-nationals, and 10 years training in SIPA’s award winning Communicating in Organizations course, plus experience coaching hundreds of professionals. In this workshop you will learn how to connect with others in a conversation that resonates and sells you.
• Get clear on what you want and how you can contribute to the organizations you’d like to work at
• Develop an Impact Statement that lets you share your message in an easy, conversational way
• Start with friends, family and colleagues you feel comfortable with, and let yourself build from there
*I to the 4th Power gains effectiveness from the sequencing of its elements: Impact, Influence, Initiative and Innovation. Beginning with yourself and working outward, you gain deep self-awareness. You learn to self-manage and communicate effectively. You are more confident in taking initiative and more resilient to the feedback that will make you grow as a leader. You are able to work autonomously to feel ultimate motivation.
Registration is required. This event is open to Women in Energy students members. Since space is limited, RSVPs will be accepted on a first-come basis until capacity is reached.
Dinner will be provided.
Save the date for future workshops for students and professionals.
Dates & Topics:
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019: Increasing your sphere of influence – for professionals only
- Location: Columbia University
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019: Silencing the self-doubt/communication styles by gender – for students and professionals
- Location: The New School
Invitations with registration information for these workshops will be shared in the coming weeks.
For more information contact: email@example.com