The Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide a wide range of managerial and administrative support to the Director. The position will report to the Senior Executive Assistant.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Manage and coordinate the Director’s complex schedule of appointments.
- Coordinate the Director’s travel arrangements both domestically and internationally including arranging airline, accommodation, auto rental, ground transportation reservations, itineraries, and other travel needs.
- Organize documents and briefing memos as needed for the Director’s meetings.
- Collaborate regularly with the Chief of Staff to the Director and the Senior Executive Assistant to maximize the best use of the Director’s time.
- Maintain and update the Director’s outlook contacts central database.
- Prepare Travel Expense Report, non-CU reimbursement forms, and any other travel paperwork necessary to process reimbursement and submit receipts for reimbursement to meeting/conference sponsors and/or CU as appropriate.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation and out of pocket expenses are completed for the director.
- Provide back up front desk coverage including meet and greet visitors; supply refreshments as needed; screen incoming calls, relay messages and route accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written/oral communication skills and diplomatic savvy to enable effective interactions with personnel at all levels of the organization and to appropriately represent the Director and the Department in a positive manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deadline pressures.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Effective analytical and problems solving skills with the ability to make decisions quickly and independently.
- Coordinate information independently and meet deadlines.
- Extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to effectively communicate with staff, students, faculty at the Center and University.
- Ability to take initiative, use good sense of humor, and ability to work as a team player.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged. For further information, please contact Jesse McCormick, Director of Strategy and Operations, Center on Global Energy Policy, at email@example.com.