The Women in Energy program elevates women in energy by advancing equality and opportunity. WIE seeks to address institutional barriers to entry, help organizations and companies to improve retention, and empower women to achieve career growth through educational programming, enhanced visibility, and broader networks.
- Increase interest in energy and increase the number of women entering the field
- Offer enhanced educational programming
- Establish programs and initiatives that can be replicated
- Build partnerships and collaborations
Raise the visibility of women
- Build a "Women in Energy" community to support women and student access to networking opportunities with women professionals in the field.
- Provide leadership skills training, workshops and mentoring.
- Facilitate internship opportunities, full-time employment and related practical experience in the energy space.
- Provide funding to exceptional students pursuing academic research opportunities and summer internships.
For more information about CGEP's Women in Energy program or to host a WIE event or become a partner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WIE works closely with "Women in Energy" sub-groups across Columbia schools and departments, including:
- Lenfest Center for Sustainable Energy. For more information, please contact: email@example.com
- SIPA Energy Association (SEA) and its Women in Energy group. For more information, please contact Daniela Santoyo and Yu Ann Tan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women & Sustainability. For more information, please contact: email@example.com
- Columbia Business School Energy Club and its Women in Energy group
- Columbia Energy Engineering Club
- Center for Global Affairs - NYU School of Professional Studies.
- Rutgers Energy Institute. For more information, please contact Beatrice Birrer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CGEP partners with organizations and companies that are dedicated to enhancing the breadth and depth of opportunities available for women in energy and energy-related fields. CGEP's corporate and organizational partners help support the Women in Energy program through both financial and in-kind support.
Women in Energy Externships
The Women in Energy externship is a month-long training program in a NYC-area energy start-up for our WIE student members to help them gain experience in the energy sector. See current opportunities here.
Women in the News
The Industry With the Most Female CEOs Isn’t What You’d Expect via the Wall Street Journal
Empowering Women in West Africa to Advance Energy Access Goals by Peyton Fleming, Lead Writer, Sustainable Energy for All. Originally published on SE4All
Venezuela’s Rebels With a Cause by Fabiana Perera, Women in Energy Member, PhD candidate at GWU, and 2017 Foreign Policy Intetrrupted Fellow & Anne-Marie Slaughter, former director of policy planning in the US State Department, President and CEO of New America, and Professor Emerita of Politics and International Affiairs at Princeton University. Originally published on Project Syndicate
Women’s Crucial Role in Combating Climate Change by Alina Tugend. Originally published on The New York Times