New sanctions are being proposed against countries including Iran, Russia, Venezuela and North Korea, with potentially significant implications for global energy markets. To discuss what these sanctions entail and their impact on global energy markets, host Jason Bordoff speaks with CGEP Senior Scholar Richard Nephew.
They cover issues including:
- How President Trump could leave the Iran nuclear deal
- Consequences of U.S. sanctions on Iran without international support
- The impact of Russian sanctions on international oil markets
- What sanctions against North Korea would entail
- Whether or not the U.S. will impose sanctions against Venezuela